MA Education distance education in ludhiana
The teaching profession encompasses both Arts and Sciences. To excel in teaching, the teacher should possess practical knowledge of the language as well the ability to teach students in an understandable way. An M.A in Education is a degree programme designed to inculcate the required knowledge and skills. It is important to note that there is a rapid expansion of knowledge due to IT boom. Professionals in teaching are expected to take up active role in upgrading their skills and knowledge. It helps them in efficient and effective transaction of the content. The importance for teachers and other professionals to develop their careers to the highest level cannot be underestimated. Education is one of the upcoming industries in many countries of the world and there is a need of skilled manpower. This programme will play a very important role in bridging the gap between demand and supply of skilled personnel.
Master of Arts (Education) is aimed at developing professionals for effective participation in educational actions in different areas of education. The programme is innovative. It emphasis both disciplinary and professional dimensions of education as an area of study. The target group is a graduate with or without a degree in education. M.A Education programme is designed for students who aspire to be educational administrators, trainers and researchers. The programme aims to impart the necessary knowledge and skills, which is a prerequisite to manage dynamic education system and knowledge based society in contemporary situation. Upon completion of this course, students will acquire sound knowledge and in depth understanding of the educational system and its pivotal role in social transformation.
The thrust areas on which the programme attempts to focus could be listed as:
- Philosophical Foundations of Education: The coursework will enable the learner to understand and analyse the philosophical framework and its implications for educational practices.
- Sociological foundations of Education: The coursework will develop an understanding in the learner about the impact of social cohesion, national and international understanding on educational institution and society.
- Psychological Foundation of Education: The coursework will acquaint the learner with aspects of growth and development, relevance of learning theories in education and measurement of various mental abilities and traits.
- Research and Development: The coursework will acquaint the learners with an in-depth understanding of educational research as a process with its implications for further research and strengthening of educational practices.
- Educational Technology and ICT: The coursework will develop skills in learner to use different modes of communication and instructional material with effectiveness.
- Leadership and Educational Entrepreneurship: The coursework will inculcate the need of entrepreneurship in the learner and motivate the students to become future entrepreneurs.
- Management of Education: The coursework will acquaint the learners with the broad framework of the organisational structure of educational institutions and conflict management.
- Guidance and counselling: The coursework will develop understanding and skills among the learners to respond and manage the aspects of career pattern and career maturity through educational, vocational, personal and social guidance.
(English/ Hindi/ Punjabi Medium)
Min. Duration 2 Years
Max. Duration 5 Years